Monday, January 31, 2011

Pinewood Derby 2011

He had such a wonderful time at the Boy Scout Pinewood Derby! This was his first year to enter, and we learned a lot about making cars in the process. Next year we will have better ideas for making his car fast, and cool!

He drew his design on paper and daddy helped him cut out his car with a coping saw. Then he sanded for days, really! Finally he got to do the best part, painting! He is an artist for sure, he painted a dragon on his car and named it Dragonfire.

There were over 40 cars entered this year, the whole event took 2 and 1/2 hours. Those boys had a wonderful time! There were over 200 people crammed in that room. All the kids got to sit on the floor by the race track and cheer as they cars sped by, it was a lot of fun for everyone!

I forgot my camera the night of the race (still kicking myself for it too!) but I got a picture of him with his car and patch after the race at home, and then the next day at his sister's race I got the picture of him by the track.

We are really looking forward to next years race!



1 comment:

  1. I remember those Pinewood Derby days well! Take those photos and save those cars on a shelf. Those boys work hard on those, and they love to remember!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment really encourages me! Thank you for leaving one :)