Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies


Photobucket

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies


2 and 1/4 cups whole white wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
a teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
3/4 cup sugar 
1 cup butter (leave out to soften overnight)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 package chocolate chips of your choice
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine the sugars, butter and vanilla and beat until creamy. Add the eggs and beat again. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts if using them. Drop spoonfulls of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I use parchment paper so there is less mess to clean up afterwards. I space them out and bake a dozen at a time. Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on how you like them. Bake less for soft chewy cookies, longer for crunchy ones.  This recipe made about 4 dozen cookies.

I prefer crunchy cookies myself, so these cookies were just the right texture I was wanting. They do not puff up, as you can see they are flat. Adding more flour may help, or using a bit less butter. Adjust the recipe to suit your own tastes. No one could tell there were made from whole wheat though, they were devoured quickly! I made a double batch when I made these.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment really encourages me! Thank you for leaving one :)