Friday, April 25, 2014

Random 5 on Friday ~ April 25th 2014

The Pebble Pond




 I have missed a couple of weeks of random posts. Its been just crazy busy, oh my. First our well pump gave up the ghost and it took a week to find someone to come fix it. We now know our well is 357 feet deep though. Its good to know these things for future reference. Praise the Lord we have water again!

We have a hen sitting on a nest of duck eggs right now. This was such a fun discovery. Id love to be there when they hatch and that hen wonders what in the heck those creatures are!

Im starting Christmas sewing early this year. At least for the little girls of the family. Im making these dolls, and Im just in love with this pattern! My fabric is on a UPS truck right now on the way to me.

I bought a book on making cheese at home. This is our next step in our goal to make as much of our own food as possible. I hope to be sharing pictures of homemade cheese soon!

My husband proudly plowed out garden this year with his own tractor. Its hard waiting on someone else to get to it when you are ready to plant. Now we can get a head start this year, woohoo!

My husband informed me its time to downsize the chicken coop. You know what that means right? I have been dreading this since we got the chickens. Im thankful he doesnt expect me to help or even be there when the slaughter takes place. I cant imagine how Ill react when its time to butcher the cow.

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. One day we are going to get a house on the outskirts of town. I would love to have chickens and have fresh eggs. I don't think I could watch the chickens being butchered either. Good Luck on the cheese making. I have been wanting to try to make my own but I am afraid I will mess it up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment really encourages me! Thank you for leaving one :)