Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Review ~ One Minute Mysteries- 65 MORE Short Mysteries You Solve With Science!


 photo MysteriesMoreSciCoverFrontweb_0_zpse15319fb.jpg


I jumped at the chance to review One Minute Mysteries ~ 65 MORE Short Mysteries You Solve With Science! I love a good mystery and anything science, so challenging the kids and myself with this book sounded like fun to me! I knew we would enjoy it when I read the sample stories on the Science Naturally website. The egg story stumped me, and I make egg salad all the time. (I just crack the shell a bit usually LOL) Check out the Mystery of the Month and see if you can solve it!

One Minute Mysteries was written by a father / daughter team for ages 8-12, but as an adult I really enjoyed it too. My 8 and 9 year old were able to read the stories themselves, but prefer that I read it aloud to them. They asked for a story or two first thing each school day, and honestly I was surprised by the amount of thought that my 8 year old put into her answers. She was usually right too! I love how this book really makes you think.

These stories also led to more discussion and an experiment or two, and many a story was repeated to a friend or family member to try and stump them. You know when they repeat a story that they really listened and learned from it.

It really does take just a minute to read one. The story is on one side of a page and the answer/explanation is on the other. This would be a great way to keep the kids entertained while waiting at the doctor office, reading during a car trip (if you dont get carsick!) and the perfect quick bedtime story if you can get away with reading just one. 

This paperback book has 180 pages and contains stories that relate to...
Life Science
Earth and Space Science
Physical and Chemical Science
General Science

Plus a bonus section with 5 more mysteries from the book One Minute Mysteries- 65 Short Mysteries You Solve With Math! which is also available from the Science Naturally website along with the original One Minute Mysteries- 65 Short Mysteries You Solve With Science! book.

 photo 1100041v1v1_zpsa4dd1c29.jpg

One Minute Mysteries - 65 MORE Short Mysteries You Solve With Science! can be purchased in paperback for $9.95 or buy any 3 books for $19.99 + $2.99 shipping by using code "3SPEC" at checkout. Or get it on your Kindle, iPad, Nook, or Kobo.




Photobucket

 photo DisclaimerGraphic1_zpsf612f371.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment really encourages me! Thank you for leaving one :)