Friday, February 7, 2014

Random 5 on Friday ~ February 7th 2014

The Pebble Pond




Its been another busy week here, and I'm glad to see Friday roll around. Not that weekends are any less busy actually, but at least I don't have to get up at 6 AM and take my teenager to school in the morning. With my husband being on evening/night shift I am basically running on two different shifts and I'm just tired. Without further ado here is my random 5 for this week.....

1. Spring must be coming yall. Every morning on my drive to the bus stop I see bunnies everywhere! I have to swerve to miss hitting them sometimes. Bunnies, bunnies, bunnies, yay!

2. I have been trying to add more variety to my diet and this week I added quinoa. Google that if you don't know what it is, its a grain like rice, sort of. Its a superfood! Anyhow Ive been having it for breakfast a couple of mornings with cinnamon. Pretty good! I have had it before but not for breakfast. Its all a part of the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle that I started last April. I have lost nearly 30 pounds since then just by changing the way I eat.

3. This old computer of mine will be obsolete in April. If you have windows XP better check out that link. It seems like I have had this one forever and yet I still love it. Im going to miss this computer when it finally dies. The keyboard gave out last week after nearly 9 years. Its hard to find one to replace it, but finally we did.

4. My kids have started a new math program called Teaching Textbooks. Where has this program been all of my homeschooling life? Suddenly math is enjoyable, yes I did say enjoyable! My math hating stubborn 10 year old has been doing multiple lessons a day. He told me last night he is finally understanding some things that made math hard for him. Praise God almighty!! It was worth every penny! I started him on 3rd grade just so he could play catch up and not miss anything important. My 7 and 9 year old asked to try it too and they are also loving it.

5. I guess Im computer shopping, anyone have any suggestions or great sale links? Hook me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment really encourages me! Thank you for leaving one :)