Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nest Week

We actually have been doing the N week for 2 weeks now. They just didnt get the sound and kept confusing N with M soundwise. Plus Laurel had a high fever for a couple of days and didnt feel so great. She was able to fight off whatever was making her sick though

One of the activities this week was to draw pictures of a bird building a nest, then sitting on eggs, then baby birds, then an empty nest. I mixed them up and had them put them in order, I could see their little minds working! They figured it out pretty quickly and now ask for more story sequencing activities.

Braeden became obsessed with mail this week after getting a card in the mail. He wanted to learn to write letters and mail them. I found this site when looking for a good way for him to practice first.
DLTK Kids Letter writing practice
Theres even pretend stamps to cut out and glue on! This was really fun for them!

I also found a neat place to print out their names, or whatever really, for writing practice.
Handwriting for kids

And some nice pages for Laurel who isnt exactly good at writing yet and needs some basic practice
Preschool printing practice

I hope some of those links helps someone out there!

1 comment:

  1. I love to teach my children by seizing the moment.

    Sounds like you do too.


    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Your comment really encourages me! Thank you for leaving one :)