Thursday, April 25, 2013

Baby Kittens!


 photo 0421152124_zps049f5f25.jpg


It has been over 10 years since we have had a birth of kittens at our house. I was hoping to catch the birth happening so the kids could watch, but we found them on Sunday when we got home from church.


 photo 0422203608_zps77418c63.jpg



They were born in a box my husband made for them, but it was so cold outside that day. We first found one that had already froze to death. It was very sad! The other two were very close to death. We brought them all in immediately, and I called my Mom to ask what to do to warm them up. She told me to put them down my shirt. So I did!


 photo 0421141459_zpsa85f2c10.jpg


For two hours I kept them there. They were SO cold, I could feel the cold through the blanket I wrapped them in at first. They started moving around a little, and a few tiny mews were made. My 4 year old never left my side, she was so concerned about them. She fell asleep on me waiting for these baby kittens to be okay.

It is now 4 days later, and those kittens are doing great! Blessing is a good mommy, they are nursing and growing! I am so thankful we came home when we did. Often we stop by the store or library on the way home, it could have been too late for all of them if we had. Praise the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment really encourages me! Thank you for leaving one :)